I realized I’m all out of food today. The only thing left in my fridge is this Taiwan bok choy. Fortunately I remember I have some pre-made dumplings in the freezer. For the fun of it, I made soup to go along with the dumplings. This will require some multitasking, a pot and a pan. It should take ~20 minutes.
Let’s first boil some water. To save time, I usually use the kettle to boil water and then pour it into the pot.
1. Wash the vegetable and break it into smaller sizes.
2. Put it on a plate for now.
3. Once the water boils, add the dumplings to the pot.
4. Meanwhile, set up the pan and add small amount of oil, followed by the vegetables.
5. Cut some ginger. (I usually leave them in this size so I don’t eat them.)
6. Add ginger into pan. Pour some water and salt.
It should take around 5 minutes for vegetables to soften.
P.S. You can add some shrimp to enhance the flavour of the soup.
7. Take the dumplings out of the boiled water.
These should be ready after 10 minutes, depending on your stove temperature.
8. Add the dumplings to the soup.
Feel free to share your thoughts! : )